Last Night in Soho (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Last Night in Soho. I know, it's not on my Australia viewing list but I've really been wanting to see this so I took the time today to make it happen.

Directed by one of my favorites, Edgar Wright (who I've followed since Spaced), this film doesn't easily fit in any single genre which is a reason why it is so good. The closest comparison I have is it feels like a modern day take on Hitchcock as a suspense thriller.

The use of light, camera angles, and camera work gives it its own special feel. It is meant to throw you off and it does, in spades. If you get anxious easily, this film may not be your cup of tea!

This one also had a great soundtrack. I will say, however, that every time I hear the song 'Downtown', I immediately think of LOST.

I did figure out a big part of the twist but not the results of it. The red herring I did figure out, mostly.

Yes, I will definitely recommend this one but it is pretty intense. If you like being on the edge of your seat for 45 minutes straight, this film is for you!

Comments