Candy (2006)

Today's movie of the day = Candy. Another Australian film this time starring Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish, and Geoffrey Rush.

I never quite 'get' movies about drugs and addiction. This is basically the Australian version of Trainspotting in that it centers on the addiction to heroin. The film breaks it down into three parts of the two main characters' lives, the good, the reality, and the evils.

The actors did good but the story seemed to be missing something. Not so much with the two main characters but the side characters. It felt like they were almost tacked on. We have no idea why Geoffrey Rush's character was friends with these two, for example.

It was an interesting film but not one I really think I need to see more than once. I'm not going to recommend it mainly because Trainspotting did it so much better. If you like films about drugs and addiction it's probably a good one but I've seen it and that's enough for me.

Comments