XCOM 2 Game Review

XCOM 2 Game Review

I know I'm way behind on this game but I've started and stopped it several times over the years.

One of my most played video games of all time was the original XCOM game. I got so sucked into that game that I would play it until two or three in the morning and have to get up to go to the early shift at McDonald's. It is one of the great memories of video gaming that I have.

This one still had some of the elements but I wasn't as enthralled. One thing about this one is the difficulty level. I finally reduced mine to Beginner after a couple of failed attempts at Veteran. I know turn-based strategy well but their percentages were way off. Even on beginner the first half of the game is incredibly difficult and frustratingly so.

By the mid-point, on Beginner, I finally started gaining ground. From then on it became the exact opposite and was too easy. There needs to be a middle level between the two which keeps it challenging but not ridiculously so.

It was buggy as heck and there were many problems with things that should have been fixed long ago. It crashed on me at LEAST five times (probably more). There were also times I had to reload the game due to it getting stuck on either my or the alien's turn. Annoying, to say the least.

Overall it's still a fun game and I still have DLC to play through but I don't need to for right now. I just wanted to get it done before Friday when the next Horizon game comes out. If you play this, however, keep it on basic or you'll end up pulling out your hair in frustration!

P.S. they had the budget for a single piece of music in the game!

Comments