Muriel's Wedding (1994)

Today's movie of the day = Muriel's Wedding. I'm continuing my Australian film marathon.

This was a pretty good one. It's got that quirky Australian feel to it. The biggest thing is that the third act changes the tone of the film.

Toni Collette was great as Muriel. This was one of her early roles and you can see why she has had such great roles over time. She's got an infectious smile which makes you love her.

The story was about her trying to add value to her life. She reinvents herself over the course of the film which makes it kinda a coming of age film.

I mentioned the third act. Prior to it the film was more lighthearted but there is a moment later in the film that gets fairly dark.

I will recommend this film. It's different than what I expected which is a good thing.

Comments