Wolf Creek 2 (2013)

Today's movie of the day = Wolf Creek 2. This is one of those rare occasions the sequel is better than the original.

One thing about this one is the gore level was significantly increased. I give props to the practical effects team. They made some gruesome effects and most were pretty believable. (This of course, adds to the horror theme)

One thing I'm grateful for, and a reason I like the second film, is that the writers didn't rest on their laurels. Instead they created a whole new story featuring the backwoods redneck Aussie, Mick.

The thriller aspect was notched up a bunch in this one. I felt the first one had weaker writing, especially when it came to decisions certain characters made but in this one there are more circumstantial things that happen to make it more menacing.

I will recommend this film. It isn't 100% necessary to see the first but it adds layers to this one. As a horror/thriller the second film is one of the better ones I've seen.

Comments