Strictly Ballroom (1992)

Today's movie of the day= Strictly Ballroom. Yes, I've seen this one multiple times before which should show that I enjoy it. It's a Baz Luhrman film so it's pretty much guaranteed that I will. :)

Nothing new to report, it's still a great film. Quirky characters, great use of color, and a good story. Lisa will probably be bummed I watched it without her.

For those who have never seen it, it is sorta like a Cinderella story but focuses on ballroom dancing. It's the journey of two characters to break the mold on what is acceptable or not in the dance world who take themselves very seriously.

The movie has comedy, love, and plenty of dancing. It's just a fun one all around and I have zero complaints about it. The only way I come close to complaining is that I'd like more of the main character's dad as he's one of my favorites but we don't get to see him on screen as much.

Yes, I recommend this one too anyone. It's quirky but it's got a good message.

Comments