Romper Stomper (1992)

Today's movie of the day = Romper Stomper.. I'm continuing my Australian film marathon based on the recommendations of @matt_dyson_

This one is one of those tougher films to get through. Not because it was a bad film but it was about bad people. It centers on a group of skinheads in Australia and their actions.

It stars a young Russell Crowe as the leader of the skinhead gang. They are angry because Asians have been moving into their territory. The group starts out rather large but starts getting smaller over the course of the film.

It also stars Jacqueline McKenzie as a young lady who falls in with the gang.

It was a solid film but if you want one about skinheads I think American History X did it better. Not to say this movie wasn't good in it's own right, as it definitely leaves an impression, but AHX left a bigger one on me.

The material in either film isn't easy to watch. The brutality in both is pretty gruesome. To see that people still follow the writings and beliefs of Hitler just makes me cringe for humanity.

I will recommend this one but it is certainly not for kids or anyone who gets anxiety over these types of films.

Comments