Encanto (2021)

Today's second movie of the day = Encanto. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. I had seen the trailers and they left me a little flat. That being said, there is so much more to the film than the trailers!

It was interesting to see where the story went. It was very unique and not your cookie cutter Disney film. I kept second guessing myself through the film and got some things right but a bunch of things wrong, which is a good thing as it shows it wasn't the same old same old.

The music (lyrics) was from Lin-Manuel Miranda so it is hard to go wrong. Granted, on the faster songs I had a hard time keeping up. There weren't as many earworm songs in it except for Bruno but that was a quick song.

In the end I really liked the story, the build up to the conclusion, and the conclusion itself. This is the first Disney animated film since Soul that I've liked as much as some older titles.

Yes, I'd recommend it. It was very enjoyable and I look forward to revisiting it in the future.

Comments