The Mighty Ducks (1992)

Yesterday's movie of the day = The Mighty Ducks. It had been awhile since i had seen it and I thought it would be fun to introduce to Rook with the intent of maybe checking out the new Disney+ series.

It was OK to see it again but it doesn't hold up as well as I remember. It's funny to see that Estevez's character is such a jerk but with one trip to the hockey store, he's fun completely changed which goes to show you, money can buy a change of heart.

It was fun seeing a young Joshua Jackson and the actor who played Foggy Nelson on Daredevil.

Much like the coach's change of heart, all it takes to be the best team in the league is to want it enough. The kids don't seem to go through any process to become better... they just are.

I'll still watch D2 and D3 with him but I remember liking this movie a lot more back then than I do now. It's not bad, it's just not well written, IMHO.

I'll still recommend it though. :)

Comments