Sing 2 (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Sing 2. As a final theater film for the break I thought Rook and I would check this out since we both enjoyed the first one.

That being said, this is the first movie with a couple of small side storylines. It was practically a cut and paste of the other film but lacked the heart and soul of the first.

I have a HUGE complaint in this one...the trailer. Do NOT see the trailer, ot even teaser, before seeing the film. It gives away not only the ending, but big plot points along the way! It is one of the WORST in regards to spoiling itself!

It still had some fun moments but I found myself thinking about it being very lazy. With no real spoilers, here is the plot. Group of misfits who have musical talent struggle with the fear of failure. Group slowly overcome fears Boss ignores the rules and puts on big show. The end.

I don't know if it is me or but but the music didn't seem as catchy this time either. That and they must've really struggled with licenses as I think a total of one song is played all the way through.

Oh, one last thing, Bono sounds just like Mark Hamill. I was waiting for Mark's name to come up in the credits and was surprised to see Bono's name for the character.

It's still an OK film but just wait for it to be released on streaming. I'll recommend it but half-heartedly.

Comments