Ron's Gone Wrong (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Ron's Gone Wrong. Since it's now streaming on both Disney+ and HBO Max I thought we'd give it a go.

Overall it wasn't a bad film. I probably wouldn't have seen this in the theater but for being included in a service it was worth the time. I felt it was kinda a mix between Short Circuit and E.T.

It did have a good message about "friends" and social media. There were some areas of having to REALLY suspend disbelief that parents would let these devices that know EVERYTHING about their children to be placed in the homes. They took the idea of Siri, Alexa, and Google devices and amplified it. Even Rook was saying it would be the beginning of the robot apocalypse and that was only fifteen minutes into the film!

I will say, however, that the friendship between Barney and Ron was fun. It put up the big philosophical question about what friendship truly means. It also reflects heavily on our society right now. (So I wonder how it will age)

Yes, it's a fun movie. I got a few chuckles out of it. That being said, I'll recommend it if you have a spare couple of hours and are looking for a film that is family friendly and sends a good message.

Comments