Jungle Cruise (2021)

Today's family movie of the day = Jungle Cruise. I went into this with somewhat low expectations but it was a pleasant surprise.

Basically it's the first Pirates of the Caribbean film but set on the Amazon River. It stars The Rock and Emily Blunt. If it weren't for the chemistry between these two I don't think the movie would have worked. That being said, they were great together and a lot of fun on screen.

Of course, I gotta love the dad jokes and puns! Quite a few fun ones from the ride, at least in the beginning. It felt like a piece of the ride. (I'm biased because it's one of the five 'must go on rides' at Disney.

It does go heavy CGI in parts, which I am never fond of. But the adventure feel looks like it's going to be better than the new Uncharted film (which I'm HOPING doesn't suck but it looks really bad from the trailers). This was like a fun Raiders and Tomb Raider combo with action, humor, and fun characters.

Overall I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would and yes, I'll recommend it for a light-hearted family film.

Comments