tick, tick...Boom! (2021)

Today's movie of the day = tick, tick...Boom! This one stars Andrew Garfield as Jonathan Larson, the musician who is best known for Rent.

I heard, this morning, that this film is up for an Academy Award and I can see why. It was fantastic! I didn't know anything about the content before watching so it was all new to me.

The story follows Larson as he tries to create a musical before his 30th birthday which is fast approaching. In it he has very little time to come up with one more song to bring it all together.

One of the characters is Stephen Sondheim which makes the viewing of this film even more relevant as he passed away yesterday at 91-years old.

One of my favorite scenes is one in the diner where Larson worked as it had some surprise guests.

The music was excellent, Garfield had a great voice, and it was all created by Larson. The characters are well developed and my favorite song had to do with something one of the characters were going through.

If you couldn't tell, I'm definitely recommending this one!

Comments