I Am Chris Farley (2015)

Today's movie of the day = I am Chris Farley. It's one of two documentaries I've been meaning to watch about Chris. (The other one is a Biography episode called Anything for a Laugh). It's no secret that I'm a big Chris Farley fan. I've also listened to the audiobook (book) The Chris Farley Show. One thing it seemed the documentary did was to gloss over some or his major problems. Yes, he was great and a comic genius but he had his demons as well. It was nice to see so many people sharing their memories of Chris in the documentary. He and David Spade and Adam Sandler were just great together and one of the last periods where SNL was actually funny. I think a lot of the is from what Chris brought to the table. As always, it is difficult to know that as kind and caring as Chris was, he couldn't get past his addictions. I think his brother said he went to rehab seventeen times. The book fills in this information much more thoroughly. It is sad he lost his battles. He was one of the greatest and it is one of my saddest celebrity deaths to have heard about. I know right where I was when I heard the news. The documentary has some good points but I do think it was more about the good times and tags on the problems at the end. I'd recommend it if you are a fan but I'd recommend the book more as it gives much more insight into the 'whole' of Chris.

Comments