Ghostbusters 2 (1989)

Yesterday's movie of the day (finished today) = Ghostbusters 2. I wanted to introduce Rook to it before the new Ghostbusters movie comes out. (And no, I won't be introducing him to the recent disaster) I never really noticed before but the pacing in this one is so slow. Nothing at all happens for the first thirty minutes. They took a cast that plays off of each other very well and said 'enough of that'. There was just no chemistry between the characters in this one. Ernie Hudson is barely in the film and is more the token black guy. If you removed Peter Macnichols' character it wouldn't make a lick of difference. The best part of the cast is whenever Harold Ramis gets a silly grin on his face because he's enjoying making the film. That being said, there are still some good one-liners in here that I catch myself saying a bunch. Two in the box and there's always room for Jell-O are my most common ones. I really wish they'd have found a better story. This is basically just a rushed rehash of the first film. Replace the Marshmallow Man with the Statue of Liberty and a bunch of replayed ideas and throw it on a page. I'm still a fan of the franchise but with this film they really dropped the ball. I would recommend it for the few good quotes, but not as a solid film. I am looking forward to the new one though!

Comments