Finch (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Finch. It's an Apple TV+ exclusive starring Tom Hanks.

I was going to wait on watching this one with the family but it felt like it was going to be too long before we got to it so I decided to dig in. This was a good one. It helps cement Tom Hanks as one of my favorite actors. This is the second exclusive film he's done for Apple TV+ and both were excellent.

This one is limited to Tom Hanks, two robots, and a dog with very brief flashbacks. The world is basically screwed as the ozone layer is 'Swiss cheese'. Hanks starts in St. Louis but due to an impending disaster, he has to leave in a hurry.

The movie is basically a buddy road trip movie as Hanks has to teach the robot how to survive. There are a lot of fun, heartfelt moments during their travels. I believe the robot is a Boston Dynamics created one so it didn't look like CGI (but I could be wrong).

There is an interesting scene which deals with trust and the meaning behind it. I thought about it and there is a good philosophical question that is difficult to answer.

Overall it was an excellent film and I definitely recommend it.

Comments