F9: The Fast Saga (2021)

Today's movie of the day = F9. Yet another entry into the Fast and Furious franchise that is behind driven into the ground (pun intended). They just aren't trying anymore.

I say that, yet the movies are still goofy fun. From the minute they start until the time they end there is a need to completely suspend disbelief. That, and I think by this point the producer's ten-year old nephew is writing the scripts as a favor to their sister.

The level these films have to go to these days to push the envelope are just Ludacris. (See what I did there?). (Speaking of, he's been my favorite character for a long time). Honestly, going to space?! Really!?!?

I always find it funny that the bad guys have an upload that needs to be done that takes a long time. Shouldn't they figure it out by now that they could probably transfer the data on a flash drive BEFORE sending the equipment far away?

The things I find hard to get past, however, is the complete disregard for physics and gravity. That and the bad CGI. I think the same nephew who wrote the script did the CGI for this film. Oh, and forget the idea of seatbelts!

I am complaining about this one and I find it as bad as the one they did the bank heist in, but I will also say they are still enjoyable. Building up these films with characters we love make them fun popcorn flicks, no matter how bad they get. I will say I'm glad I didn't pay money for theater tickets on this one though!

Overall, I recommend this if you have a couple of bucks to spare to get a cheap digital copy or if it's on a streaming service. It's πŸ§€ πŸ§€πŸ§€ but 🍿🍿🍿 fun as well.

Comments