Escape Room (2019)

Today's movie of the day = Escape Room. I was just looking for something that I didn't have to think about today so I chose this and will follow up with the new one tomorrow.

This one really isn't a horror as much as a thriller. It has definite tones of Saw in it but not to that extreme. Instead this one is more a fast-paced thriller, IMHO.

This one also makes me want to go back and do an Escape Room here in town. I've been half-heartedly trying for the past couple of years but never gotten enough people at one time. From the one experience I had doing a room, I had a ton of fun.

This Escape Room, however, was NOT one I'll plan on doing anytime soon. The risks were high, as can be expected.

After watching the film I watched some of the making of and was happy to see that almost all of the effects were practical. I think it can be seen in the film, as well, as there seems to be true interactions between the characters and the scenery. That being said, building those sets must have been a monumental feat!

I also watched the alternate ending which I liked more than the official one.

I look forward to seeing the second one tomorrow morning.

Yes, this was a fun enough trip to recommend it.

Comments