Dune (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Dune (2021). I was concerned about this because I loved the director, Denis Villeneuve, with Arrival but did not like Blade Runner 2049 at all. Thankfully, this was on the love side of things. Timothy Chalamee, who played Paul Atredies, did a fantastic job. I had never seen him in anything better but he held his own against some big actors. One thing I love about this version is that they don't rush the story. It's a fantastic piece of Science Fiction so, while I did enjoy the original film for what it was, I'm glad they are playing up the political side of the book. It was really what drove the narrative, from what I remember. The visuals in this film were amazing. The director has a vision and it could be seen in all of its glory here. Arrakis stands out as being far more than just a desert planet. I wanted more worms though! :) (I know they'll come into play later) My biggest complaint is that now I want to see the next film immediately! We have to wait until 2023! Curses! Yes, I would definitely recommend this one and the 2 1/2 hour runtime flies by.

Comments