Cedar Rapids (2011)

Today's movie of the day = Cedar Rapids. I am honestly not sure if I had seen this one before. I have vague memories of it but not enough to remember it. There were snippets that seemed familiar.

It is about an insurance convention in, guess where, Cedar Rapids! Ed Helms plays this childlike character who plays his innocence up. There are a few other common actors in it.

I think one of the reasons I watched this is because it got good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. I know that is no way to gauge if a film is good or not but with mid-80s scores I figured I'd go for it.

It's supposed to be a comedy but I only laughed at one scene between the dad from That 70s Show and Ed Helms in a locker room. I don't know if I'm just having problems finding humor these days but I just didn't find it that funny.

Overall it was OK but easily forgettable. So forgettable that I might actually have seen it before and forgot!!

It's not horrible but I'm not actively going to recommend it.

Comments