Buried (2010)

Today's movie of the day = Buried. I guess I figured two Ryan Reynolds movie within a week was necessary. This is another one I have been meaning to watch but hasn't gotten around to.

This one was an entire film resting on Reynolds shoulders as the whole movie was him. There was a very brief appearance by another actor but it was for less than a movie. Everyone else were busy disembodied voices.

The reason for this? The entire film is Reynolds in a coffin and, guess what, he's buried! :) The exact circumstances behind it are revealed as the story moves on.

There was a choice in regards to what the character didn't do which drives me crazy. I'll give him some leeway as he was under a stressful situation. The other thing is that the character needed light (otherwise the film would be entirely dark).

If you're claustrophobic you might have issues with it. Considering the fact that it's filmed in the coffin, you can guess why.

It was entertaining. I did have one big suspension of disbelief but I can see past it for the whole. It was entertaining as the story unfolded.

Sure, I'll recommend it. It's definitely NOT a typical Ryan Reynolds film though.

Comments