Blindspotting (2018)

Today's movie of the day = Blindspotting. I had bought this one with no knowledge about what it was about and I'm glad I did. This is another powerful film about white privilege and institutionalized racism. It was written by Daveed Diggs (of Hamilton fame).

I got a lot of vibes of other films in this one including: American History X, Do the Right Thing, and a couple more. The pressure cooker on this one kept building and building over the course of it. It's one of those films that leaves a big impression on me.

The core of it is in Oakland and a large part of that had to do with the gentrification of the city. Diggs plays a convicted felon at the end of his parole. He sees something horrible and it haunts him. There are other themes throughout but this is the basic thread that leads to a strong conclusion.

I love how everything comes together in a rap at the end. A lot of the components of the film are used to convey the entire message.

Yes, I will definitely recommend this one. (There is a lot of cursing and some violence so be aware of that)

Comments