Batman: The Long Halloween (Parts One and Two) (2021)

Today's movie of the day = Batman: The Long Halloween (Parts One and Two). This one was split in half so it's about a three-hour animated film. It's been a long time since I've read this graphic novel but from what I can remember it's pretty close to the source material. I am glad I watched it back-tp-back as I would have been annoyed if I couldn't finish out the story right away. This one focused heavily on Carmine "The Roman" Falcone and his family. It is a mystery in the Batman universe. The only thing is, the killer is not hard to figure out and is pretty forecast by midway through the films so it wasn't a big revelation to me. It was entertaining. I liked the art style. It's always funny how they have to rely on all of the Batman villains, even though they weren't really necessary to move the story forward. In the DCAMU it is good but not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than 90% of the DCU films. I enjoyed it but it did have a lot of unnecessary appearances by villains who were a 'blink and you miss them' appearance. I will recommend this one but know that I would recommend the Justice League Dark: Apokalips War series of films first.

Comments