Why am I watching so many movies?

Near the beginning of COVID one of my gym friends posted a 30-day challenge of pushups, squats, etc. which included something to do everyday. Jokingly, I found a 30-day movie challenge and posted it in response to the workout challenge. (See below) I wasn't originally intending on following through with it, as who can actually watch a movie a day!? Well, I did follow through and built upon it. I found that it was helping with the isolation to be able to enjoy a film, especially since I have around 2,200 digital films through iTunes and Vudu and found that I was collecting them but not watching them. So, I expanded on the idea and added another month. And another. And finally decided to do the challenge for a year, each month with its own theme. Some I did were themed for the holidays so October for horror franchise films and December for Christmas films. It grew and grew. I watched only movies I hadn't seen. I watched films you all recommended to me that I hadn't seen. And I found myself at the year mark (with one month for binge watching shows but I made the month up in the challenge) having watched a movie a day. Only one day I missed but I had watched the film the day before to make sure it didn't get missed (I had early training that day). 365 days of the challenge came and went. And now, here I am, continuing the trend. I did take a month to binge watch a couple of shows I wanted to catch up on (mostly Australian Survivor), but this month I am wrapping up black-and-white horror and monster films from days past. It has been enlightening, to say the least. Next month I am returning to watching films I haven't seen, as there are many I need to catch up on. It is my release. Video games are my other release, but these films have given me a chance to transport away from the reality of the world for a bit and watch old, and new, favorites. Normally I watch them early in the day, while the family is either asleep or doing their own thing. It has been a fun journey, at the very least! I'll post my entire list in another blog.

Comments