The Uninvited (1944)

Today's movie of the day = The Uninvited (1944). Finding this one required some work as it isn't streaming anywhere. It ranks as number 77 in the best black and white films of all-time but good luck finding it! Overall it was OK. I'm getting used to short runtimes on films, going through these ones that average at just over an hour. That being said, an hour and thirty-nine minutes felt a lot longer than it was. The pacing on this one was slow. There were many scenes that weren't entirely necessary. I will say, however, that it was an interesting murder/mystery/horror film as I didn't guess what was happening and didn't until the reveal. I really don't have much to add to that as the need to edit it down outweighed my interest in the story. I wasn't a big fan of this one so I will withhold my recommendation for it.

Comments