The Haunting (1963)

Today's movie of the day = The Haunting (1963). I hadn't seen this one before and I have now fixed this piece that has been missing in my life. I'm not a big fan of paranormal 'scary' movies in general. I don't believe in ghosts so the movies are nothing more than a jump scare to me. That being said, this film was well done. I imagine being in the early 60s seeing this I likely would have pooped my pants. :) The director did a great job with lighting and camera angles to throw the viewer off. It uses a lot of the tricks of the trade to make it seem creepy. I am a big fan of The House on Haunted Hill series on Netflix so it was fun to go back to the beginning of how cinema portrays the House. I've also seen the 1999 version which is fun 🧀. The weird relationship between Eleanor and Theodora made this movie what it was. Nell was played well and her inner monologue pushed the story forward. I am sad I hadn't seen this one before now. It is a great one and yes, I will recommend it. (And then go watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix!)

Comments