Spider-man: Homecoming (2017)

Today's second movie of the day = Spider-man: Homecoming. I forgot how much I adore this film. It was the first time I actually saw Spider-man as a whole character, rather than either Spider-man or Peter Parker. Tom Holland did such a great job encapsulating the geekiness, awkwardness, and tragedy of the character. And I love that they didn't do the origin story once again! I'm continuing Rook's education on the character but we've both already seen Homecoming and Far From Home. (As well as Into the Spider-verse) Michael Keaton was fantastic in his one and the scene between him and Holland in the car is one of the best in the film. They did rely on Robert Downey, Jr. to give a bigger name presence to it but, while he was fun to see in the film, he wasn't 100% necessary. The story moves forward at a solid pace. The supporting actors are all good. Rook even recognized how superior the special effects were in this one. Basically I don't have much bad to say about it. Yes, I'll always recommend this one. P.S. My only complaint is the Clark Kent effect. He's with some of the smartest kids in the school and they can't figure out that Peter is Spider-man, even after Spider-man conveniently shows up in DC at the exact moment of their peril.

Comments