Psycho (1960)

Today's movie of the day = Psycho (1960). I don't even know why I have to add the date to it since the remake was a completely unnecessary thing and created with hubris. I'm a definite fan of Alfred Hitchcock. He made some amazing films and was the master of suspense. I love this film but don't rank it as highly as some of his others. That being said, it is still a fantastic piece of cinema. Anthony Perkins is great as Normal Bates. He can turn on the charm and be boyish and likeable only to flip a switch and become menacing and scary. The casting of him was perfect. And Janet Leigh as Marion was great but I forgot how soon in the film she bit it. The story moves along and keeps the viewer guessing, especially if they don't know what to expect. This is one of those films I'd love to go back and see for the first time again with no spoilers. Yes, I'd definitely recommend this one as it is still a great one.

Comments