Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Today's movie of the day = Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956). This one has always been my favorite version as Kevin McCarthy made it so memorable. I also like that it was a reflection of the fears of the Cold War in the 50s. I always tend to lump this one together with The Day of it Triffids as they are both about plants taking over and came out about the same time. I've always liked the story to this one although I do find it funny that it can take minutes or hours for a takeover, however it fits the needs of the narrative. What if you only close your eyes for a moment? Is that enough for the transfer? :) The pacing on this one is solid and it flows really well. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. As a favorite of mine i would certainly recommend it. These days we can just replace the idea of being taken over by communists to bring taken over by political parties.

Comments