Dracula (1931)

Today's movie of the day = Dracula. It's been a long time since I've seen this one. As with Nosferatu, there is some cheese involved with this one but it's still a fun viewing. Bela Legosi brings some class to Dracula. He had some flair and the idea of the Count being so charming added to Dracula's appeal. It is funny that lighting hit Dracula's eyes in practically every scene. I also find it amusing that he chooses his brides based upon a single meeting. I mean, what if she looks good on the outside and has no personality? Then you're stuck with her for an eternity! I did like the addition of Van Helsing in here but he really didn't have to do much as Dracula seemed to care less of people knew about him or how to kill him! Still a classic and I'll say what I said for Nosferatu... If you're a cinemaphile, this is a necessary viewing. If you're looking for more modern film, however, you'll have struggles getting through it.

Comments