Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1946)

Today's movie of the day = Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. I think this is more of a Meet Dracula or Meet The Wolf Man film as each were in the film more than Frankenstein. These films are just little side ones with a sense of poking fun at themselves. I was actually a little surprised to see Bela Legosi and Lon Chaney sign on to it but who wouldn't want to work with Abbott and Costello in their heyday? I still like that these movies are just over an hour long as much longer might have made for a bit of a slog. Even at an hour and twenty-two minutes I felt there were parts I wasn't really paying attention. That being said, there were some good LOL bits littered through the film. It's a fun film and good for the whole family but I wonder how the younger generation might see it. Also, when did Dracula's 'thing' become covering his face with his cape? And didn't he get smoked at the end of Dracula? How is he still around?

Comments