Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1953)

Today's movie of the day = Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You can tell that, but this time, it was more about going through the motions than anything else. The formula for the crossovers are the same every time. Abbott sees something obvious, Costello doesn't believe him. Pratfalls happen. It was good seeing Boris Karloff as Dr. Jekyll. For once we get to see his face rather than Frankenstein or The Mummy. I may just be burned out on these films but I found myself distracted for a large part of this one. That and Abbott and Costello aren't even in it for the first twenty minutes of a hour and thirteen minute film. There was an amusing scene in a wax museum which was a throwback to previous A&C crossovers but other than that the jokes have had their run so I didn't laugh much. I'm kinda glad this is the last of these as they were getting long in tooth. Overall, while it still has moments, it isn't as fun as the others where there are at least some attempts at story. I am not putting in my recommendation for this one but I'm not sure if it's because it's not as good or that I'm burned out on them. That and this is the only one that was hard to find as it is not available to buy.

Comments