Nosferatu (1922)

Today's movie of the day = Nosferatu I had never actually seen it before so it was new to me. It is just shy of being a century old. By today's standards it wasn't scary but I can imagine that back then the creepiness factor of Nosferatu was off the charts! Max Schreck did a great job of making the character move in a non-human way. I also loved the over-the-top portrayal of Knock by Alexander Granach. I didn't quite understand how Nosferatu got control of him but ok. The restoration looked nice and they did a good job with it considering the age of the physical film. Overall I'm glad I finally watched it but now that I've seen it o don't need to see it again. I would recommend it but only to cinemaphiles as it is an important part of both film and horror history.

Comments