The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)

The ninth in the James Bond franchise and the second with Roger Moore. It also starred Christopher Lee and Herve Villachaize.

The story is about Scaramanga, played by Lee, who is a sharpshooter and assassin. He has a plan to steal an advanced piece of technology that converts solar energy very efficiently. It's up to Bond to find the bad guy, find his secret lair, and stop him. Wait, haven't we heard this kind of plot somewhere before?

This one has my third favorite Bond girl so far, Goodnight, played by Britt Ekland. She had a fun character and she looked good in a bikini. ;)

The stories in the Bond franchise are practically carbon copies of each other. I read a non-spoiler review stating that this one was not well recieved. Instead, it was fun. I think the combo of Lee and Villachaize was fun. It was entertaining and I found myself actually watching it more than some of the others instead of checking my phone every few minutes.

Overall it was a fun entry into the franchise. I'll recommend it.

Comments