The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (2022)

Checked this one out with the family. I didn't go in with high expectations except that it was directed by James Gunn.

The story is that Drax and Mantis want to do something nice for Peter Quill so they go to Earth to bring him the best gift ever. Saying more than that gives away too much for those who haven't seen the trailer.

There were some cute moments in it. There were also a couple of funny ones. That being said, it didn't really do much for the franchise. It almost felt like an old 80s Christmas special which most were very formulaic.

Overall it did have a couple of entertaining things going for it. I can also say that it being a 44-minute show was probably just about right as any longer and it would have worn out its welcome.

Yes, I'll recommend it but mainly because I like Christmas movies and shows. (Which is ironic as I hate Christmas).

Comments