No Time to Die (2021)

Well if they are going to bring Daniel Craig's run of James Bond films to an end, they might as well do so with a great one!

The story follows Bond, who has retired since Spectre, and is now living in a remote home with his girlfriend from the last film. As you can surmise, it doesn't quite work out and he's pulled back into the spy world. In this, he must find someone who is behind a genetically altered super-virus. Along the way there are a few surprises.

I really liked how they brought closure to the Craig run. It gave the five-film arc to completion in a very satisfying way. I actually can't really imagine a different ending. It was also odd knowing that I have completed the entire 27-film run (including the two non-Eon production ones). The way that No Time to Die ended was kinda tied in to me ending my marathon.

There was one character, who ends up dying, which I was bummed about. It was almost a 'cheat' to kill this character off.

The action was pretty good overall. Not quite as 'big' as previous films but it didn't need to be. There were some good car chase scenes and I was on the edge of my seat for a couple of scenes.

Overall, this was a fine way to end Craig's run. It included everyone, was written well, and was a little emotional as well.

Yes, I'll recommend this but be sure to watch all five films in order so this last one really hits home.

Comments