Saw II (2005)

Continuing my Saw marathon. There was a problem watching this one as I had seen it back when and I knew the twist so it wasn't as much of a surprise.

This one follows a detective (along with his team) who finds Jigsaw but, of course, there is more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. A group of criminals are the target this time and they are all locked up together. It seems like they have some ties but they are so worried about getting up that they struggle to put the pieces together.

This one also had Shawnee Smith again, who has to go through the struggle like everyone else. She's already escaped once but apparently she didn't learn her lesson. That's OK as I have always crushed on the actress so the more she is in it, the better! HA! :)

There were some more clever traps in this one and just enough idiotic people to try to make it through them. Seems to me that if they had put their heads together they would have been able to figure out alternate paths but...nope.

I still enjoyed it. There are still issues with editing choices but overall it was still entertaining for a horror film.

Yes, I'll recommend it but be aware these films are far more visceral than straight up hack and slash films.

Comments