Barbarian (2022)

Gave this one a blind viewing. All I knew was that Justin Long was involved so I didn't know what to expect from the film.

The story is about a young lady who rents an AirBnB in a destroyed neighborhood in Detroit. One house is fixed up but there is a kerfuffle with the rental. There is also more to the house than meets the eye.

This was an average horror film to me. It had potential to be much better but it dropped the ball in the third act. That and the sheer stupidity of the characters was hard to get past.

I kinda liked how the story progressed. It was never quite what I expected and the way it was broken up was good.

There were also some good moments where you never quite knew what was going on and the story built upon itself. Sadly, that third act really kinda went off the rails and it ended up killing the momentum.

Overall it had enough moments to make it worth watching but don't expect much from the ending.

I'll recommend it but halfheartedly.

Comments