Used Cars (1980)

oday's movie of the day = Used Cars. I had never seen it before but watched it on the recommendation of @mlanza1974 . It stars Kurt Russell, Jack Warden, and a bunch of other recognizable actors.

I enjoyed this one. I'm surprised I never saw it back in the day. It had solid humor and Kurt Russell was great as, you guessed it, a used car salesman. It was fun seeing all of the different actors in it. Joe Flaherty too which made me bummed there still isn't a digital way to watch SCTV!

The story is about two different used car lots across the street from each other owned by two brothers. They are constantly at war with each other. Due to a series of events, Russell's lot has to step up their sales as he's trying to run for Senator but needs $$ to do so.

It was entertaining and I am kinda bummed I hadn't seen it before. Oh, and safety was not much of a concern back then. I was cringing with some of the scenes that stunt doubles had to do! I also wonder if there were more cars in The Blues Brothers or Used Cars. In both there are some crazy driving scenes!

Yes, I'll recommend this one with no caveats. It is a fun one. (Keep in mind, there are some boobs in it, as with 95% of all 80s films). :)

Comments