The Night House (2020)

Today's movie of the day = The Night House. I've been curious about this one since I read the description and I can't turn down a good horror film.

This one was both familiar and different enough to keep it interesting. I had a lot of Hellraiser vibes from it. A couple of similarities to What Lies Beneath as well.

The story follows the main character, Beth, played by Rebecca Hall, who has just lost her husband to apparent suicide. While it starts with just confusion over why he killed himself, new things are revealed leading the viewer to realize there are darker forces at work.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best I've seen but it was fresh enough to keep watching. I wanted to figure out what was going on. There were a couple of weird choices with the story but overall it worked.

I'll recommend this one to horror fans. Keep in mind there are about three jump scares. (Which I always feel are a cop out in horror films).

Comments