Horizon Forbidden West Review

Horizon Forbidden West review

I tell ya, this game series only has two under its belt so far but both are amazing in their own rights! I just finished Horizon Forbidden West, the second in the series, and it took what was great about Horizon Zero Dawn and made it even better!

I have almost nothing negative to say about it. The visuals are stunning. The music is fantastic. The story is strong. The gameplay is (mostly) great. Character development? Yep! Desire to do every little side mission? Meaningful side missions? Sure thing! The ability to ride a Sunwing as your mount? You'll just have to see! Hearing Carrie-Anne Moss and Angela Basset? You do!

I did say ALMOST everything though. The ONLY things I didn't like as much were the arena, combat training, and races. The arena was just overly hard with the time limit they set. That restricts you from getting some of the best armor and weapons in the game. Combat training was fine until the last one which requires you to do a combination of moves in perfect time. Considering there are three parts to each combination, and no guidance, it's frustrating. As for racing, the first two or three are manageable but the final one is insanely difficult. These three parts of the game are for the hardcore players, IMHO.

Oh, one thing I almost forgot to mention is that there are parts that are pretty buggy. I got stuck in the terrain more times than I would have liked.

But really, those are movie quibbles compared to how amazing the rest of the game is! Easily one of my favorite titles ever. Playstation has been knocking it out of the park lately! (P.S. This also makes me realize how bad the Assassin's Creed games have become as they feel more like a chore while, now that I've finished this game, there will be a void).

I put in about 110 hours or so, total, on this one. Considering it came out two weeks and a day ago, you do the math. :) Yes, I was addicted but it was so good I played every chance I got!

Pay full price, it's so worth it! (And I almost NEVER say that!)

Now, to see if the ending set up a third game or the next DLC will be the big question.

Comments