Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

Today's movie of the day = Kiki's Delivery Service. Continuing my Miyazaki run.

This was another fun one. It was pretty much a coming of age story about Kiki. She's a witch and at the age of thirteen, witches leave home to figure out their path in life. Apparently some witches gain their specific powers at this time. I do have a complaint about it though, as Kiki, in all of her adventures in a new town, only really flies places on her broom, which all witches seem to be able to do.

There are some fun adventures that she has and she goes through struggles as well. She has a good conversation with an artist she meets in the woods which is pretty philosophical in nature.

Overall this was another fun one and I'd recommend it. (I've already said I'll likely end up recommending all Miyazaki films though).

P.S. This one is good for kids

Comments