Foundation (Season One) Review

This series is on Apple TV+. It is meant to follow Asimov's Foundation series. I don't know how accurate it is to the books, however.

That being said, the first three episodes of so were confusing. I didn't know what was going on and there were a couple of time hops forward.

However, after these few, the series quickly picked up steam. It was solid science fiction and had very compelling characters. An example of the idea of Empire who is actually an old, middle-aged, and teen child who are all cloned from the original DNA of an Emperor of a huge series of planets.

It also related to the Foundation which is a group of people who follow the word of a psychohistory leader who predicts the end of Empire.

I'm not giving away anything really here as this is a VERY general overview of just a couple of characters.

Much like The Expanse, there are a lot of moving parts and great character development and I see the same with Foundation.

The other thing is the massive budget Apple must've thrown into this as each episode is like a high-quality film. The sets, costuming, and everything else are pretty amazing.

I haven't felt this excited about a second season since first seeing The Expanse. They left us with some massive cliffhangers and I'm very happy to see it has been renewed for season two.

If you like science fiction at all, this show (and Ted Lasso) make an Apple TV+ subscription well worth it.

P.S. There is a moment in this show that is one of the most evil things I've ever seen. It made me constantly say out loud "Daaaaamn!"

Comments