Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)

Today's second movie of the day = Venom: Let There Be Carnage. I got to see it on IMAX thanks to a friend picking up tickets and inviting me to see it at the eleventh hour. Overall it was entertaining but I liked the first one better. Tom Hardy does such a great job playing to anl imaginary 'friend' that sometimes it's hard to forget he's playing a nutball on the outside. There were about ten of us in the theater so I'm not sure if this is why but the movie was EXCEPTIONALLY loud. Woody Harrison did good as the bad guy, Cletus Kasidy, but I was more interested in him as a serial killer than anything else. Carnage was cool looking but, like the Transformers movies, the CGI was so fast and had so many cuts, it was hard to enjoy the character as a whole. Overall it was one of those movies that was enjoyable but it was just OK. That being said, the post-credit scene was exceptionally cool.

Comments