The Invisible Man (1933)

Today's movie of the day = The Invisible Man (1933). So far this has been my favorite of the bunch. There is more of a story behind the character and they jump right in. Claude Rains does a solid job in the role. I was pretty impressed for the special effects that they had. Considering the fact that this was 1933 and a long time before green screen methods, many of the practical effects were pretty well done. By today's standards some of them are obvious but there were others where I had to wonder how they did them with the tools on hand. I will say, in regards to story, that I really hope The Invisible Man had above average strength because he got out of a lot of scraps through sheer force. It seems to me that, invisible or not, it wouldn't have been hard to surround him and overpower him in certain scenes. Overall, this has been my favorite of the old school monsters. He had more motive and reason for being a bad guy than Dracula or Frankenstein. I would recommend this one with no caveats.

Comments